This year, the Minnesota Millers created our own Hall of Fame to recognize players and volunteers who have played a crucial role in the development of the team. We also inducted our first two members, Dr. Jim (Doc) Mastro and Robert (Father Time) Moore.
Dr. Mastro helped form the National Beep Baseball Association, NBBA, and served as its third president. He played for several beep baseball teams throughout the 1970’s, 1980’s, and 1990’s. In the 2000’s, he played for the West Coast Dawgs before helping to bring together the team that became the Millers in 2010. Since then, he has occasionally played for the Millers and continues to cheer us on as we improve.
Robert Moore also played beep ball during the 1970’s and 1980’s, before taking an extended break because there were no local teams. He was a founding member of the Minnesota Millers, and played with us through the 2014 World Series. He is now retired, but continues to cheer us on as we improve.
The Millers have retired the numbers 6 (Mastro) and 14 (Moore) and awarded them a commemorative plack and framed jersey. The coaching staff also awarded the following players for the 2015 season:
- 2015 Contribution Awards: Riley Schmitz, Ben GoodRich, Stephen Guerra, Patrick Lemke
- 2015 Sportsmanship award: Gary Boettcher
- 2015 Coaches Choice Award: Josh Xiong
- Golden Pin Award: Matt McCoy
- 2015 Most Improved Player Award: Chris Peterson
- 2015 Most Valuable Player Award: Evan Van Duyne